Monday, August 22, 2011

I'm not compaining, I'm just say'n....................



My husband came back from a week of ‘meetings’ at some ranch in northern New Mexico, followed by a few days of scoping out hunting spots in the cool mountains of Colorado. He brought me back a shirt.

He was so super excited about my ‘surprise’ and how it was my favorite color (green) and had that hunting resort logo on it. I played along and made a big deal out of it. It was a nice shirt.

What I did not play along with, was the taste of freeze dried ice cream sandwiches. Brandon went on and on about how they tasted just like a regular ice cream sandwich. Well, they don’t. They are gross, and do not let any male convince you otherwise. Not everything that comes from Cabella’s is wonderful, and certainly not freeze dried ice cream sandwiches. I don’t even know what possessed him to buy one. I guess he was trying them out to maybe take hunting in Colorado. He would’ve been better off with a can of Vienne sausages.

The ice cream sandwich is just one of the many things he came home with in Cabella bags. And I don’t know how I can stress enough that I don’t think it makes a flying fish difference if arrows have two pink and one yellow fin or two yellow and one pink fin. However, this was debated upon for at least fifteen minutes in his head before he finally went with two green and one yellow. I’m sure it will make all the difference in the world.

I love that he has his hobbies and gets so wrapped up in them. My dining room has somehow turned into an archery shop, but whatever. We usually eat on the couch in front of the TV anyway. We tried that whole eating at the dining room table thing a couple times when we were first married, but I think it’s more cut out for more than two people. Conversation can be exhausting.

I’ve decided to just wait until after his bow hunting trip in September to try organizing his hunting gear so it’s a little less out in the open. I know, though, that it will only then turn into Texas whitetail and mule deer season.  So I guess I’m really looking at setting my hopes for getting the Christmas stuff out and putting the hunting stuff up. Until then, my house will be the one with archery targets in the front yard. You can’t miss it.

This picture and the one above is from Rusty's field in Meadow.
I think Brandon has daydreams about them now.

No comments:

Post a Comment