Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Ohhh...Those Cowboys.......

I realize it has been forever since I put anything on here, but what can I say, I am just a little flaky like that. I don’t intentionally mean to be, but it just sometimes happens. My family takes joy in comparing me to Pheobe, on Friends. If you don’t remember Friends then start watching reruns on TBS immediately. Promise, you’ll laugh.

Anyway, for the past two weeks we’ve been hosting family, traveling to see family, going to family weddings, doing holiday stuff with family. In a word “family’n”. It is just something we do, like watching reruns of Friends.

We’ve been to Houston and back, watching the wind blow all the way. We’ve hunted a few Easter eggs, cooked out, and watched Riggs walk like a pro. We even took Brandon’s family to Hobbs to do a little gambling, and guess what, we ran into my Pop. You remember the one that needed his oil check so bad so he could gamble? Yeah, that one.

So I spent an hour playing Black Jack and won $100 bucks. Pop ordered his food, went and played a slot machine while he was waiting for it to come out, and won $800. His turn around rate is a little better than mine.

Actually, I won a $100 and Brandon lost $100, so we just broke even. Funny how that happens.

This week we are back in good ole’ West Texas, where the wind blows and the sky’s brown. At least that seems to be the scene the past few weeks. Despite the yuckiness, a handsome cowboy bared with me yesterday while we shot his senior pictures. He was a great sport, polite, good look’n, sweet as can be, just one of those guys that you want your own kiddos to be like some day.

He even had a horse. And what takes better pictures than a handsome guy and pretty horse? Yeah, I can’t think of anything either.  
 








No comments:

Post a Comment