Thursday, May 5, 2011

Here we go again.....

 
So it has been another whirlwind week, which is awesome. We had some friends from around Houston up for the weekend. Went to a cow sale, watched the sand blow, and had an awesome chef at the Japanese steak house. That really makes all the difference in the world. You know, the chef. I mean if they can crack jokes without cracking that egg spinning on their spatula, then go ahead and double the tip. Believe me, you’ll know it’s worth it if you ever have the unfortunate luck of experiencing one that’s a dud.
At the cow sale we saw some good friends, great cows, and didn’t buy anything that couldn’t fit in a semen tank. We were in my car, so that’s about all we could handle. Got a good visit in anyway. Probably the best way to visit is on a road trip. No distractions and close confinement, made for a good time.
My sister, you know, the one with those cutie pies, did have to rub it in my face that she was close enough to Miranda Lambert to smell her perfume. After several picture texts I turned my phone off. Plus she was at the concert with some of the most amazing and fun women in the world. Ok, enough about that. I am turning green.
Speaking of green. Let’s hope my thumb is a little more that shade than it was last year. Brandon got my Pop’s tiller running and tilled me up a garden which we got situated Tuesday night when I got in from Lubbock. Corn, bell peppers, cucumbers, tomatoes, cantaloupe, watermelon. Yum, yum!! Let’s just hope it comes up and the little bunny rabbits I have been enjoying in my yard and all around our place stay out. I got my 22 from Dad last night just in case they don’t……… and I just realized how red-neck I sound, so I’ll stop now.
(our little garden, and no, Brandon did not till all that up in the back, in case you have
never met Brandon and thought he might have)
By the way, I did get my Monday night with my favorite boys and sis in there somewhere. We went on an adventure that started out with Riggin riding in the wagon and Ryder leading the way, and ended with me carrying Riggin and pulling Ryder in the wagon full of treasures. Next time we may not veer to such far off lands as the bull pens.
 
Dirty and snotty nosed. Do little boys come any other way?

Not sure what these are called exactly, but apparently they are the coolest things ever.
And we made it all the way to the next morning without losing any of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment