Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Bad Bugs......

Brandon and I had a pretty good little parent test this past week. Not one I wish to re-experience anytime soon (or ever again), but it happened, it is over (well, for us anyway), and I think we passed with flying colors.

We kept Ryder the other night. Did the usual of playing outside, he helped me water my garden and flowers, watched some Iron Man, that type stuff. He fell asleep on the couch, Brandon carried him to bed, and then….. it hit.

I won’t go into the gory details (just in case your reaction is like my husband’s) but let’s just say the bathroom, sheets and quilt on both our bed and the guest bed, several blankets, couch, and most of the floor in our room got to be unexpectedly deep cleaned. That’s right, 12 times. How that little 3-foot-tall munchkin had enough in him for 12 times I will never know, but he made it through.

I have to say I was proud of Brandon. Although he kept his distance (I found him on the living room floor in his sleeping bag as I was putting the second set of sheets in the washer about 1:00am), and although he didn’t actually clean any of it up (heaven forbid), he DID bring me a roll of paper towels and went to the store to get some Sprite (unfortunately our little country store, Denise’s, didn’t have Pedialite. Go figure.)  

After about 24 hours Ryder man was back to 100mph, but…… I got it. And about 5 hours later, Brandon got it…..and about 5 hours later, Mom got it…….and about 5 hours later, Riggin got it.

Last night was my Monday in Meadow and about 8:00pm Katie said she was getting a headache and feeling yucky, and…….yap, Katie got it. Rusty’s response was much like Brandon’s. I found him on the living room couch this morning. Can’t blame him. It is a mean little bug, so if you see it coming your way, turn around and run. Fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment