Monday, July 18, 2011

Give it up and Roll with it


This really isn’t written for anyone yet at the same time everyone. I am as guilty as can be about wanting to plan out every detail of my life, only to realize that I have no control over most of it which then drives me bananas. I am positive that I provide great comedic entertainment for God.

Brandon is always telling me to quit worrying about stuff, there’s no point in it and you can’t do anything about it anyway. He’s really good about just going with the flow and being in the same mood no matter what. I am not. I want to plan it, if it isn’t just how I want it then I want to fix it, and I usually want it all to be figured out RIGHT NOW.

I’m getting better about this (sometimes) and try to live out Brandon’s advice. I even bought a bracelet that says ‘let it be.’ I try to wear it as much as I can and actually follow it. I know stuff doesn’t always go as planned and how we want it, but usually it all falls into place in a pattern that is even more perfect than we had originally blue-printed out.

Life’s a mess and no matter how much we clean it is like my little old farm house, it will always continuously need dusting. Sometimes you just got to sit on the couch, watch Swamp People, and leave the dusting for another day. Just remember, even though there’s dust, you gotta still be thankful for all the nice things you have to get dusty.


So moral of the metaphors, enjoy life and all the curve balls it throws at ya. I agree, sometimes it sucks. But we wouldn’t appreciate how truly wonderful the wonderful things are if it didn’t.

No comments:

Post a Comment