Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Let's just GO.....

Do you ever have those times when you are like “I just HAVE to get away”? Well, I do, and last week was one of them. I know Brandon just got back from a week long hiatus and was ready to stay home, but I really didn’t care at all. I knew no matter where we went it would be dry and hot, but once again, I really didn’t care. As long as it wasn’t the sandy bar ditches of Martin County, I was good with it. So we threw a bag in the truck Friday evening and headed to the hill country with no plan whatsoever.

I guess you can say it was for our 1st Anniversary since it looks like our real anniversary this weekend will be spent at a steer show, which isn’t all bad. Brandon told me on the way down that it is tradition for the husband to get the wife paper for their first anniversary. To which he was thinking a Hallmark card and I was thinking cash. We compromised and decided this little trip would be good enough and we’d count the hotel bill as the ‘paper.’

We stayed a night in San Antonio, ate at Salt Grass, went to the zoo (because yes, we are both a little nerdy), went to the Outlets in San Marcos, stayed a night in New Braunfels, shopped in Wimberly, went to Cabela’s in Buda, and mozied on home Sunday. It was pretty great and just what I needed.

The perfect little getaway was followed up by a fun 4th of July with good steaks and homemade ice cream with our fabulous family at Pop and Gramma’s. It even rained a little, and we all had to go out and soak in the smell. It may've not lasted long but it did our souls good. We visited, laughed (mainly at LuLu), and of course there were plenty of hugs to fill your heart. That's one of my favorite parts of our family. You hug everyone when you get there and hug everyone when you leave. It's not like it's mandatory or anything, it's just what we do. Yeah, our trip away was needed and wonderful, but the best part about getting away is knowing you still have good stuff to come home to.

 Our Fabulous Family



LuLu being silly and holding up Brandon in the food line.
"Hurry up woman I'm Hungry!"

Voted "Best Looking" in our family two years straight.

Me (no makeup, don't judge) and Riggs (before he discovered his love for food)



Uncle (Pain) Wayne getting his exercise.

No comments:

Post a Comment