Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Ohhhh, Riggs.


So this is Riggin. Yes, he is cute and happy and precious in the daylight. However, at night the ratio between sleep and up crying greatly favors up crying. At least this was the case last night. It was so bad we all took shifts. Ok, so maybe Rusty took a shift and I took a shift and Katie was the only one that took the actual plural "shifts". But still.

Anyway, what Riggs does not comprehend is that this is not the best time to be depriving his mother and father of their already shortened sleep. After coming in from the barn right at dark and then working on websites and returning phone calls for hours, they weren't really in the mood to stay up all night with him fuss'n. But that's what happened and it seemed like we all blinked and it was time to wake up and start this amazing Tuesday.

I'll hand it to Riggin. He has us figured out. All he had to do was wake up in that cute and happy grinning mood of his this morning. Laughing and playing and making all of us melt for him again, and wah-la! We are wrapped around his finger again. Well, I can't really speak for his Momma. Although she did smile and give him some sugars, I'm pretty sure she would have sent him to work with me this morning if I would have offered. I didn't. 

One great thing about being an aunt is that I get to help out giving the boys baths, fixing supper, getting them in their jammers and in bed. But then.....ahhh, Tuesday night. Tuesday night is only me, Brandon, our DVR and silence while sleeping (for now anyway).

 

No comments:

Post a Comment