Friday, June 3, 2011

Have your Cake, and Eat it too.......


It was hot, nasty, windy just plain yucky yesterday evening……again. I am sure there are a hundred and one things Brandon and I could have worked on outside and in the house, but honestly, we just didn’t want to. So….we decided to drive up and see if the wind was calmer and weather cooler in Meadow. It wasn’t. But the good company made up for it.
We drove up and found Katie washing her lawn mower. Yes, big huge straw hat, old holy t-shirt, flip-flops, kid playing in the mud, scrubbing down her lawn mower. Like me and my rabbit hunting, she shares that Southern Woman Pride.
Brandon left with Rusty to do something with cows. Katie showed me her garden. Ryder drove around in his little ranger. And Riggs ate. And ate. And ate. I seriously cannot remember a time from when we got there until we left when he was actually full. He even went to sleep with a bottle in his mouth!
He ate some strawberry cake, orange, goldfish, sausage, carrots, cereal, popsicle, strawberry cake (I know I already mentioned it, but he was passionate enough about it to mention twice) He eats twice as much as Ryder, who must be strapped down and threatened to finish his plate. And if you have a plate of food, you automatically become Rigg’s best friend. He is pretty laid back and calm, but when it comes to food, patience is out the window and he will use full capacity of his lungs, just to let you know he is there and NEEDS food.
He has another birthday party at Dee and Poppa’s Sunday, and I am positive he could care less about presents, just give that boy some CAKE!!!




The one and only thing he hasn't liked, yellow flowers!!

No comments:

Post a Comment