Thursday, June 9, 2011

Our LuLu.....

This is LuLu. She is pretty much amazing. Her heart is every bit as big as her hair, and if you ever need to find her, just look for a glowing light of bling.
LuLu and I have been through many road trips, boyfriends, and adventurous experiences together. We never exactly lived in the same house through college, but there were about as many days and nights we spent together as apart. We have yet to encounter a problem we could not solve by sitting on a couch, curled up under a blanket, sharing a two pound bag of animal crackers.
I informed Brandon early on in our relationship that when he got me, he got 3 women in his life. Me, my sister, and LuLu. Like it or not…..that was the deal. No negotiating. He seems to have accepted and adapted to us and our craziness well, and there is no doubt in my mind he wouldn’t jump over the moon for LuLu. Her drama and hilarious blondeness drives him up the wall, but he actually thrives on it and loves every minute of her just being our LuLu.
LuLu has spent a little over a year now in Ghettoville, and to say the least I selfishly hated it. She was way too far away to just hop in the car and be there in an instant when one of us needed to hash out our day. But although her journey took her miles and miles away from us, it also brought her miles upon miles of teaching and life experience. She has seen and heard things from fourth graders that I am sure I did not have a clue about until at least my freshman year in college. I really don’t know how she did it. After hearing her teaching stories, I am certain I would have ran screaming within the first week.
LuLu dealt with Ghettoville well, and although it has most certainly been tough in more ways than I have room to mention, she is a stronger, sweeter, smarter, more beautiful person because of it. The GOOD news is that LuLu will now be close to us again! She is going to be a Bronco and I am super excited because purple is one of my favorite colors! We have already scheduled weekly dates at Spoonfuls (because birthday cake yogurt makes any day better) and I have begun stocking up on animal crackers for those long couch conversations that will certainly be in our future. I hope everyone has a LuLu in their life. She just makes the world a happier place.



My favorite pic of us ever. Right before my wedding.

 This was on Brandon and my first date. She's been with us all the way through :)

No comments:

Post a Comment