Monday, March 21, 2011

Sunday, Funday.....

Yesterday was about as good as it gets. Since Brandon and I are still “just us,” we take every opportunity available to do whatever the heck we feel like doing. Yesterday, that was jumping in the truck and heading north to see some of our favorite people.

We shot over to Mom and Dad’s first to feed the bulls, check calves, make sure all the cows in each pasture had water and hay, watered Mom’s flowers, and most importantly stole their Sunday paper (Don’t worry, Brandon is supposed to return it today. We aren’t total thieves).

Anyway, we took our nice little Sunday drive up 829 and ended up at Day Show Cattle. I was greeted by my favorite, running scream of “Yayyyyyyyyyyy, Sam. Momma! Sam’s here!!!” That never gets old.

Unfortunately, my excited greeting woke Riggin up from his nap which resulted in a bust’n for big brother. Recovery was quick (he is getting lots of practice here lately), and after an apology, some goodbye sugars to LuLu (who had to head back to that strange land they call College Station, bless her heart), and we were good to go again.

We spent the afternoon searching for buried treasure, hunting bears, and ended up with a popsicle course (haven’t quiet got that word ‘obstacle’ down yet). Man do I wish I had the energy of a 4-year-old. It is never ending. It is like a DVD stuck on fast forward and re-play all at once. Even Riggs was like “Dude, just chill and eat some animal crackers like me.”

I see a lot of Katie and I in Ryder and Riggin. Ryder is feisty, loud, has a temper, and will cheat if necessary. Riggs is chilled, laid back, doesn’t get too worked up over much, and just watches and takes everything in. I’ll let you guess who is who in this little scenario.

Ryder does say the funniest stuff though. Like the other night when he wanted to get on the couch with our cousin LuLu. She said “come cuddle with me”. Ryder asked what cuddle was and she said it is like snuggle. To which Ryder said “Oh, Momma, cuddle is snuggle in Spanish.” Serious as can be.

As for our men above single digit age, they did as they always do. Got to talking about cattle, looking at cattle, fantasizing over cattle, and lost all since of time. I realize in the clipping room you cannot tell if it is day or night, a little like Vegas, but seriously there is a clock in there.

So we stayed until dark, which isn’t any big deal cause as I said it is “just us” and we didn’t have anything major to do at home anyway. Plus it gave me some more quality time with the munchkins and my sistorita. And, yes, it also gave me time to eat some of her fabulous leftovers, which ranks in at the top of my “10 favorite things list”. This such occasion was beef and chicken fajitas with some amazing beans. Amazing.

Today is Monday, which means my night at the Days Inn and I am sure some more pirate stories and such for you all tomorrow (and fabulous leftovers for me tonight!)

No comments:

Post a Comment