Sunday, March 13, 2011

Little house in the sand.....

This is Brandon and my little house. It is pretty great for a starting out place. We rent it from a nice farmer who lets us do pretty much whatever we want with it. So….. I’ve painted the dining room red, office purple, living room light tan with a gold glaze, and guest bedroom two shades of brown. It is a much happier place now.
This weekend was Spring Cleaning time at our little rock house. Trimmed the crazy ivy, cleaned flower beds, scrubbed the bathroom down, and vacuumed the windowsills (actually that is about a twice a week routine here lately). I am in love with our big windows, and so seems to be the sand from every cotton field in the county. I understand for an old farm house sitting in the middle of dryland cotton country I can't expect too much, but oh golly am I getting broke back into good ole' Tarzan, TX.

Anyway, besides sucking up sand, we also used our nifty vacuum sealer and put up Brandon’s Axis meat.
This is one area where Brandon is a lot like my Pop. We always joke about Pop bringing home bushels of pears, apricots or peaches. He gets started making jelly, gets bored, starts watching westerns, and Gramma gets to finish the jelly making AND  clean up the mess.
Thankfully, Brandon’s attention span at least made it through cutting up all the meat, but I suppose he thought the bloody mess would clean up itself, much like those lovely messes he makes when whipping up pancakes. Thankfully I got it all bleached down and scrubbed pretty quick, and I’ll have to say he did wash out his cooler it all was in.
We even had a clean sheet night. Is there anything better than sleeping in clean sheets with the windows open? (other than having to get out of them the next morning)

3 comments: