Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Sunsets, just remember the sunsets...........


(this will forever be one of my fave Day Ranch pics)
I had this strange urge to go outside with an umbrella today and just see how far the wind would take me. I then realized that I’m not totally sure I even own an umbrella, and if I do, I am certain it is collecting dust (as everything else in West Texas is doing today).

Rather than getting frustrated with the brown sky and dreading my drive home through 100 miles of blowing cotton fields, I am going to look forward to what always comes with a nice West Texas sand storm…… a beautiful sunset.

They are like God’s way of saying, “Bless your sweet little heart for living out here.”

The sunsets are one of my favorite things about living in West Texas, and they always make the most gorgeous pictures. I kick myself in the tush every time there is a pretty one and I don’t have my camera with me. If I can capture those purple, pink and orange skies through a lens, then maybe I can relay why West Texas has captured my heart.      

So perk up, all my West Texas amigos. I know today is a cruddy one, but look forward to the view to come. 

Gotta Love a Pretty Sunset


(I took this one and the one below while pic-nicking in the pasture for Katie's birthday. Priceless, pic-nicking with her, mom, and the boys, with a few cows and babies, and a gorgeous sunset. Best birthday party ever.)


(These 2 love birds will be getting married next weekend. Woohoo!)


(Took these of my neighbor this past fall. Pretty sure his hands thought I was some kind of crazy)



No comments:

Post a Comment